Six individuals currently or previously involved with the TRIO Student Support Services program at Ivy Tech Community College Northeast have received statewide recognition from Indiana TRIO:
- Todd Nichols, the College’s director of Disability Support Services, is the winner of the Rozelle Boyd Outstanding Achievement Award. He was nominated for his support of TRIO and the two area’s shared values. This award is given to someone who demonstrates a strong sense of inclusiveness and personal attributes such as loyalty, empathy, and compassion. The award recognizes those who are deeply committed to the call to action and demonstrate a strong support of underrepresented individuals in higher education.
- Marianna Monter Glover won the 2014 Bertha M. Jones Memorial Award, which is given to a TRIO alumni. The award recognizes those who have achieved significant success in their lives. It’s intended to allow Indiana TRIO to celebrate the success of those who may not have had the chance to succeed without TRIO.
- Beth Clemens, the director of Student Support for TRIO, is the winner of the LaVerta Terry Outstanding Service award. This recognizes the contributions of a TRIO professional, and nominees exhibit loyalty to the program’s students. The recipient should serve as a model to others.
- Karen Caprioni is the recipient of the Indiana TRIO Board of Directors scholarship for full-time students, which pays $1,000 toward her fall 2015 classes. To be considered, applicants must participate in TRIO or the McNair program in Indiana and demonstrate academic excellence and co-curricular/community involvement in college.
- Thierry Bushapa and Colby DeBolt, two current students, are candidates for scholarships from the regional TRIO association, the Mid-America Association of Educational Opportunity Program Personnel.
TRIO Student Support Services’ mission is to provide services to 160 first-generation, low-income students with or without disabilities as they work toward a degree or certificate at Ivy Tech Northeast, with a goal of achieving completion within a three-year period.
To learn more, visit IvyTech.edu/northeast/TRIO.