Michael and Rebecca Kubacki are partnering with Ivy Tech Community College Fort Wayne and Warsaw to fund a scholarship aimed at Kosciusko County residents with Latino heritage. The scholarship awards a recipient $5,000 for one year to be renewed for $5,000 in the second year if the student remains in good standing at the College.
“We established the scholarship because we feel education is the key to improving Latino quality of life and the lives of those in their family,” says Rebecca Kubacki. “Our hope is that the Ivy Tech graduate will stay in northeast Indiana and become a contributing member of the community and become a role model to other Latinos.”
- Latin heritage
- Kosciusko County resident
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 during program enrollment
- Student must be seeking an associate degree
- Student must demonstrate financial need
- Preference will be given to Kosciusko County high school seniors planning to attend Ivy Tech as a first-generation college student.
Applicants who meet the initial eligibility criteria must submit their application for consideration no later than April 1 via the online scholarship at http://bit.ly/ivytech-kubacki.