The Special Cuisine and Classical French Cuisine classes at Ivy Tech Community College Fort Wayne have released the dinner series schedules for spring semester. Students in the classes take turns preparing and serving world-cuisine themed meals for class credit in a project-based learning experience. The culinary students rotate through various positions in the kitchen and dining room, providing a full-service restaurant environment.
The following dinner dates and themes have three start times: 6 p.m., 6:15 p.m., and 6:30 p.m.
- January 24: China
- January 31: Southeast Asia
- February 7: Italy
- February 14: France, with a special Valentine’s Day theme
- February 21: Russia, “Classic Russian Cooking: Elena Molokhovets’ ‘A Gift to Young Housewives’”
- February 28: Eastern Mediterranean
Classical French Cuisines:
- April 4: Normandy
- April 11: Pays de la Loire
- April 18: Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
- April 25: Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes
- May 2: Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
To make reservations, which are required at least 24 hours before the dinner, call 260-480-2002. Dinners are served in the Hospitality Room (door 24, which is located on the back of the building and faces Coliseum Boulevard)on Coliseum Campus (3800 N. Anthony Blvd.) and cost $20 per person. Pay on-site with cash, check, or charge. Wine is available for $5 per glass or $15 per bottle.
Visit Ivy Tech Fort Wayne’s dinner series website at IvyTech.edu/fortwayne/dinners for more information.