Ivy Tech Community College’s Warsaw site will host “Bridging the Gap,” medical interpreter training, in October. This training prepares bilingual individuals to work as medical interpreters. Ball State University’s Northeast Indiana Area Health Education Center is providing the training and underwriting the cost. This program is open to anyone who is bilingual, though healthcare students and workers are especially encouraged to increase their skills and marketability through this training.
The medical interpreter training covers the following topics:
- Basic interpreting skills
- Health care information
- Culture in interpreting
- Communication skills for advocacy
- Professional development
The training costs $50 for 40 hours.
Register here or call 765-285-5681 with questions.
Students must attend all of the following course dates:
- 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Oct. 19
- 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Oct. 20
- 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Oct. 21
- 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Oct. 26
- 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Oct. 27
- 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Oct. 28
Ivy Tech Community College Warsaw
2545 Silveus Crossing
Warsaw, Indiana 46582