Ivy Tech Community College’s Fort Wayne Campus offers IvyLiving classes, non-credit personal enrichment classes geared toward diverse community interests. The following are some of the upcoming courses. Learn more and sign-up at IvyTech.edu/fortwayne/living.
Ethnic Food in the Fort
- Are you a food lover? Looking to expand your palate? This is the class for you. We’ll meet at four local ethnic restaurants to share a meal and discuss that country’s culture and cuisine facilitated by an Ivy Tech Sociology instructor. Class will focus on Jamaican, Burmese, El Salvadoran, and Middle Eastern food. Course fees include dinner costs.
- Oct. 3, 10, 17, and 24 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Cost: $150 (Registration Deadline: Sept. 26)
Adult Tap Dancing
- Veteran tap dancer Andrew Welch will share his 30+ years of tap experience in an upbeat class for adults only. Whether you’ve danced all your life, it’s been a few decades since you tied up your shoes, or you’re looking for a new way to stay fit, this class is for you. Students must provide their own tap shoes.
- Oct. 20 and 27 and Nov. 10 and 17 from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Cost: $99 (Registration Deadline: Oct. 13)
- Impress your friends and family with homemade pasta at your next gathering. This class will mix, knead, shape, and cook traditional pasta as well as some artisan pastas with vibrant colors. You’ll leave with two pounds of handmade pasta and all the info you’ll need to make it yourself at home.
- Nov. 10 from 9 a.m. to noon
- Cost: $65 (Registration Deadline: Nov. 3)