Healthy Essence, the Ivy Tech Community College Northeast student-run massage clinic, has announced its new hours for spring 2016, which begin Feb. 1:
- Mondays: 3:30, 5, and 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 10 and 11:30 a.m. and 3:30, 5, and 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 3:30, 5, and 6:30 p.m.
- Thursdays: 12:30, 2, and 3:30 p.m.
- Fridays: Noon, 1:30, 3, 4:30, and 6 p.m.
- Saturdays: 10:30 a.m. and noon, 1:30, 3, and 4:30 p.m.
Clients will receive a one-hour therapeutic massage: Students will use techniques based upon their personal education and training. For example, a student who has studied deep tissue massage would be able to work with a client to discuss how a deep tissue massage might better fit the client’s needs.
Healthy Essence is on the Coliseum Campus (3800 N. Anthony Blvd.) in Room CC1783. Clients should enter through Door 30, which faces the corner of North Anthony and Coliseum boulevards.
Sessions run $25 each or $20 for Ivy Tech Northeast employees and students, those 55 and older, and military personnel. Clients can pay by cash or credit card. Tips will not be accepted, though those who wish to give tips can choose to donate the tip to a charity chosen by the students.