We may not have the skyline of Chicago, the architecture of New York, or the coastline of California, but Fort Wayne certainly has its beauty–and so does Ivy Tech.
The Indiana Bicentennial Commission is inviting amateur and professional photographers across the state to submit their favorite Indiana pics for possible inclusion in a coffee table book all about the state.
Green Light wants to extend that challenge one step further: Why not submit your photos of Ivy Tech? We are Indiana’s community college, and we train so much of the state’s workforce. We’re an integral part of Indiana, and we want to make sure we’re well-represented as this photo book celebrates our state.
Whether you focus on new springtime blooms–isn’t the Midwest in springtime lovely?–a favorite professor, or a group of friends, we want to see, too! Submit your Ivy Tech photos to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your full name, major (for students) or title (for employees), and caption info for your image. Your image may be featured in an upcoming Green Light.
Then, if you want to take it a step further, submit your images to the commission. You can find full details here, but here are some of the biggies:
- Photo deadline is May 15.
- Photos should reflect one of 14 aspects of the state, including The Hoosier People, Buildings and Architecture, Schools and Libraries, and Sports.
- No altered pics–beyond photo retouching–allowed. That means don’t add, move, or remove content from the original image. If you couldn’t do it in a darkroom, it’s not permitted in the contest.
- Similarly, no borders, backgrounds, or other effects.
- There’s no compensation should your photo be chosen for the book, but you will receive a photo credit.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with. Good luck!