Hey, there! It’s Brenda Zemaitis, the event management intern for Marketing & Communications.
On Wednesday, I attended a luncheon that was all about change. I was PUMPED. Our chancellor, Jerrilee Mosier, sat down with faculty and students to discuss what they would like to see change around Ivy Tech Northeast. We had lunch together and got to share our ideas and visions of things that would make our campus better. Here are just a few ideas I thought would be amazing to see at Ivy Tech:
- A touch-screen interactive map. How great would it be to walk up to an extra large screen with a map of our campuses and touch on any area and see not only the rooms with a virtual tour but also all the events happening for that day? The basketball schedules, bus schedules, seminar schedules … All of Ivy Tech at your fingertips.
- Another greenhouse. Our Agriculture program would have a great space to grow and learn, and our cafés would have fresh, locally grown fruits and vegetables to make farm-to-fork a reality at our College.
- Small, intimate computer areas. Instead of sitting in an uncomfortable and cold computer lab, you could work in a more relaxed environment among friends.
- Outdoor lounge space similar to Ivy Plaza between Harshman Hall and the Student Life Center. Let’s get a place at Coliseum Campus where we can enjoy the sunshine while getting our work done.
- Coffee bar. Who wants a lattefrapamochalata with extra foam and some drizzle? We would all be able to get through our classes a little bit easier with fancy coffee at our finger tips.
- Food truck days. Have you ever been to Lunch on the Square downtown? You have an abundance of area food trucks with all different cuisines all together in one spot. How about having all those food trucks in our parking lot one day every week? Deliciousness.
- More couches. Because we love them.
What would you like to see happen on your campus?
Click on the photos to view a slideshow with captions.