A variety of campus groups at Ivy Tech Community College Northeast sponsored collections for those in need this holiday season:
- The College collected items for a family of five through the Christmas Bureau. Needed items ranged from paper towels and household products to clothing and shoes.
- The Multicultural Student Organization and Office of Diversity Affairs partnered with Ric Robles of the Fort Wayne Police Department to collect new or gently used coats for children in need, ages infant to 18 years.
- IvyAEYC, the College’s student organization for early childhood education majors, sponsored Sock-a-Palooza. The group collected children’s socks, underwear, mittens, hats, gloves, and scarves for Charis House.
- English students collected toys and money for children who will be at Parkview Hospital on Christmas day. They also collected food, personal hygiene items, and money for The Vincent Village Homeless Shelter.
- Odessa Aytch, an adjunct faculty member, collected food for Emmanuel Apostolic Church.