The Special Cuisines class at Ivy Tech Community College Northeast invites the community to join its students, faculty, and staff for a Russian-themed dinner April 3.
The à la carte dinner will feature appetizers, soup, salads, sides, entrees, and desserts, including:
- Piroshkis, golden brown biscuit-like pastry filled with meat and cheese or potatoes and cheese.
- Borsch, a hearty beat soup garnished with meat, cabbage, and a dollop of sour cream.
- Carrot salad, shaved carrots dressed in a sweet, spicy sauce.
- Golubtsi, cabbage rolls filled with carrots, onions, and mushrooms served in natural juices and sautéed pearl onions.
- Ptichye moloko, sponge cake filled with soufflé, topped with chocolate ganache, and served with raspberry sauce.
Reservations, which are required, are taken for times between 5 and 6:30 p.m. To make reservations, call the Special Cuisines line at 260-480-2002. Dinners are served in the Hospitality Room on Coliseum Campus (3800 N. Anthony Blvd.) and run $20, cash or check only. Wine is available for an additional cost.
For the complete dinner series schedule, go to IvyTech.edu/northeast/dinners.