The Special Cuisines class at Ivy Tech Community College Northeast invites the community to join its students, faculty, and staff for an African-themed dinner March 20
The à la carte dinner will feature soups, salads, sides, entrees, and desserts, including:
- Mini shrimp phyllo purses—Shrimp and bean noodles sautéed in African spices and served in Chermoula sauce, which typically contains olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and cilantro
- Mussel soup—Mussels in an herbed white wine tomato broth
- Wilted green salad—Seasonal baby greens wilted with a warm sherry vinaigrette
- Bobotie—An African-style meatloaf with spicy potato noodles and spiced carrots
- M’Hanncha—Orange an almond paste rolled in phyllo dough
Reservations, which are required, are taken for times between 5 and 6:30 p.m. To make reservations, call the Special Cuisines line at 260-480-2002. Dinners are served in the Hospitality Room on Coliseum Campus (3800 N. Anthony Blvd.) and run $20, cash or check only. Wine is available for an additional cost.