The Ivy Tech Community College−Northeast Faculty Writing Group is conducting a writing contest that is open to the community. The deadline for entries is March 8.
Adult and child entrants are welcome to submit works in one of the following genres: fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, graphic works/comics, and horror/fantasy short fiction. Child entries should be either fiction or poetry and child writers should indicate their grade level on the entry form.
The guidelines are as follows and can be found online at triaac.org.
- Length—fiction, creative nonfiction, horror/fantasy: 2,500 words, or ten pages; poetry: maximum of three poems, not to exceed four pages; graphic works/comics: up to six pages with panels and/or illustrations; children’s entries should be five pages or less.
- Works must have titles that appear on the first page (do not put names on entries)
- Writers must include a cover page with the names of all works submitted and the writer’s name, address, phone and email address if applicable
- Each work must have page numbers
- Prose and poetic works must be typed in black ink, on standard printer paper—on one side of the page
- Entries fees should be paid by check or money order, and made payable to TRIAAC (The fee for each entry is $10 for adults and $5 for children)
- Entries without fees are ineligible
- Prizes will be awarded. The winner(s) will be announced at the TRIAAC concert performance on April 13, 2013, at the Ivy Tech Coliseum Auditorium.
- Entries, along with required entry forms and fees should be mailed, by March 8, to:
ATTN: Writing Contest
501 East Brackenridge St.
Fort Wayne, IN 46803